Alfred University is well recognized as a leader in ceramics and glass education and research for over 100 years. Collectively, our PhD programs in Ceramics, Glass and Materials Science and Engineering are ranked among the top 50 Materials Science and Engineering programs in the nation. We are also recognized among the top 20 specialized research institutions in applied science.
Graduates of the Materials Science and Engineering program of Alfred University are employed in academia, national labs, and industry with careers in education, research and development, and technical management.
Applicants to the MS program in Materials Science and Engineering should have a 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or the physical sciences. Students accepted with degrees in disciplines other than Ceramics, Glass, or Materials Science and Engineering may be required to complete some undergraduate courses to ensure competency in the field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thermodynamics of Materials or Solid State Physics
- Characterization of Materials
- Graduate-level technical electives
- Graduate Seminar
- Thesis research
- Research Seminar
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applications will be considered after January 15, but those that meet the deadline will receive priority funding consideration.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 315 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- Graduate applicants are required to submit a professional resume or curriculum vitae with their application.
- All graduate programs require two letters of recommendation.
- You must submit a written statement describing career goals and reasons for the chosen field of graduate study. Include a summary of your research experience, career goals, and research interests.
- GRE scores.
- You must provide official transcripts/mark sheets (in English) from each and every college or university previously attended, including proof that you hold the baccalaureate degree. All academic records which are not in English MUST be certified true copies issued by the educational institution which you attended.
- All students must comply with New York State health and immunization requirements and submit health forms and records requested by the University.
International22520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22520 USD per year during 16 months.
National22520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22520 USD per year during 16 months.
Living costs for Hornell
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.