Leader in Ceramics
Alfred University has been a leader in ceramics education and research for over 100 years. Collectively, our PhD programs in Ceramics, Glass, and Materials Science and Engineering are ranked among the top 50 Materials Science and Engineering programs in the nation. We are also recognized among the top 20 specialized research institutions in applied science.
MS and PhD Outcomes
Graduates of the Ceramic Engineering program of Alfred University are well prepared to move into careers ranging from applied research and development to plant operations and technical management. The PhD program offers a blend of theoretical and applied studies enabling graduates to tackle more fundamental problems in ceramic science. Our PhD graduates are employed in academia, national labs, and industry, with careers in education, research and development, and technical management.
- Graduate-level ceramics processing course
- Graduate-level characterization elective
- Graduate-level technical electives
- Graduate Seminar
- Thesis research
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applications will be considered after January 15, but those that meet the deadline will receive priority funding consideration.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Visual Arts General Engineering & Technology View 340 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- Graduate applicants are required to submit a professional resume or curriculum vitae with their application.
- All graduate programs require two letters of recommendation.
- You must submit a written statement describing career goals and reasons for the chosen field of graduate study. Include a summary of your research experience, career goals, and research interests.
- GRE scores.
- You must provide official transcripts/mark sheets (in English) from each and every college or university previously attended, including proof that you hold the baccalaureate degree. All academic records which are not in English MUST be certified true copies issued by the educational institution which you attended.
- All students must comply with New York State health and immunization requirements and submit health forms and records requested by the University.
International22520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22520 USD per year during 16 months.
National22520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22520 USD per year during 16 months.
Living costs for Hornell
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.