Congruent with Seattle Pacific University mission, the Marriage and Family Therapy program provides high-quality education and training in a faithfully Christian context. Students develop competent skills as beginning marriage and family therapists, engage with the culture through clinical training contexts, and develop an awareness of their own character issues.
Seattle Pacific University is preparing students for service and leadership by fostering holistic growth through rigorous academic study, character formation, and vocational preparation that establishes a foundation for a thriving, faithful, and meaningful life.
SPU is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History, Systems, & Christian Pers.
- Theories of MFT
- Social Ecology of Family
- Ethical Issues & Crisis Intervention
- Clinical Practicum I
- Psychopathology, Family Systems
- Becoming a Systems Therapist
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Counselling View 199 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
- bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Complete official transcripts from any college or university you’ve attended.
- A 3.0 or better GPA in your most recent 45 quarter credits, or in all undergraduate work.
- A passing score on the entrance exam for your program.
- Satisfaction of program-specific entrance requirements.
- Payment of the application fee of $50 or $75, depending on the program.
International28525 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 815 USD per credit during 24 months.
National28525 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 815 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.