About the Program
There are three entry points into the Nursing program of the Pacific Lutheran University:
- Entry-Level Master’s – for non-nurses with a degree in another field who want to complete the RN and MSN in 27 months
- BSN to MSN – for nurses with a BSN
- RN-B to MSN – for nurses with a bachelor’s degree in another field (currently on hiatus)
The core MSN curriculum prepares an advanced generalist, who has the knowledge and skills required of all master’s‐prepared nurses as determined by the AACN Essentials of Master’s Education in Nursing (2011). The MSN student may also choose an area of specialization.
Two areas of role specialization are available:
- Advanced Generalist
- Clinical Nurse Leader®
PLU MSN graduates are nursing leaders and educators throughout the Puget Sound area, Washington and across the US. The MSN Care and Outcomes curriculum also prepares the graduate for PhD or DNP doctoral study.
- Care Delivery/Health Promotion
- Health & Physical Assessment
- Professional Foundations & Principles of Leadership
- Care of Chronic Conditions
- Psychology/Mental Health
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPharmacy Nursing Health Sciences View 2317 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) minimum cumulative GPA
- Completion with a minimum grade of 3.0 (B) or better in each prerequisite course (See exceptions due to COVID-19): College-level Statistics (both descriptive and inferential), Human Anatomy and Physiology I (with on-site lab within last six years), Human Anatomy and Physiology II (with on-site lab within last six years), Developmental Psychology—Lifespan, Intro to Microbiology (with on-site lab within last six years) Nutrition (for summer applicants, we strongly recommend that you take this course before the program starts. If not, it must be completed during the first year of the program.)
- GRE (optional) – GRE scores are not required for admission consideration. It is optional to submit the test scores in order to strengthen the application
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency
International34547 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 77731 USD for the full programme during 27 months.
National34547 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 77731 USD for the full programme during 27 months.
Living costs for Tacoma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.