If you are interested in the traditional (face-to-face) format, be sure to know that the Regular (63 credit hour) MSSW program will start in the Fall semester and the Advanced (33 credit hour) program will start in the Spring and Summer II semesters.
Students in the Advanced (33 credit hour) program at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley are also eligible to apply for the Sustainable Community Health Promotion in Social Work certificate program.
- Ranked #79 among 300+ national universities by Washington Monthly in 2018
- Accredited, cutting edge degree program
- Experienced, dedicated faculty
- Affordable tuition (ranked #1 in net price among national universities by Washington Monthly in 2018 and #3 most affordable university in America 2018 by BestValueSchools.com)
- Demonstrated student success in research, professional certification and career advancement
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment : Individuals, Families and Small Groups
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment II: Social Institutions, Communities and Organizations
- Social Welfare Policy
- Social Work as a Profession
- Social Work with Diverse Populations
- Generalist Social Work Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 471 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent in a similar or related field.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- Personal statement detailing professional goals and reasons for pursuing the graduate degree.(Instructions)
- Three letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources using the following Reference Form. (Reference Form)
- Verified successful completion of a course in basic statistics.
International14896 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29792 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National14896 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29792 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
In-State8147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16295 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.