The purpose of the 69-hour School Psychology Master of Arts degree program from The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is to prepare school psychologists to work with children, adolescents, and families from diverse socio-cultural and linguistic backgrounds. The degree program includes a year-long supervised internship.
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, School Psychology program is in accordance with the scientist-practitioner model of training, which emphasizes school psychologists to use empirical research in practice.
- The program training includes preparation in mental health and educational interventions, child development, learning, behavior, motivation, curriculum and instruction, assessment, consultation, collaboration, school law, and school systems.
- Theories of Psychotherapy
- Methods of Techniques in Psychotherapy
- Socio-Cultural Contexts of Education
- Child and Adolescent Psychopathology
- Legal, Ethical, and Professional Issues in School Psychology
- Academic Assessment and Intervention
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology View 3575 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent in a similar or related field preferred.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with minimum scores of 150 Verbal, 141 Quantitative, and 4.0 Analytical are required.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals in a position to judge the professional and academic potential of the applicant. At least one should be from a university professor in the applicant’s major area of study.
- Letter of intent indicating reasons for pursuing the degree.
- Cleared Criminal Background Check.
- Personal interview (Upon completing application).
International15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 24 months.
National15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State8332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.