The Family Nurse Practitioner program from The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley emphasizes preparation of students to meet the dynamic needs of the international, multicultural, and multilingual society of the Rio Grande Valley.
- The curriculum promotes the development of advanced critical thinking and inter-collaborative skills to be used in conceptualizing, synthesizing, and evaluating nursing and health care.
- Students will develop the ability to function as a scholar with critical thinking skills supported by theories from the behavioral, physical, and nursing sciences.
- Graduates will develop de ability promote quality improvement in the provision of culturally competent care to diverse populations through integration of health policy, planned programs, education, and advocacy.
- Nursing Informatics
- Professional Nursing Issues
- Theoretical Nursing
- Research in Nursing
- Statistics in Nursing
- Advanced Pathophysiology in Nursing
- Advanced Health Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 802 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN)
- All new applicants whose coursework is older than 3 years must score of 900 on the APRN HESI Specialty Assessment Exams: Assessment, Pathophysiology,Pharmacotherapeutics.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Letter of intent
- Successful completion of undergraduate statistics course
- Holding an unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Cleared Criminal Background Check
- Evidence of current immunizations required by the Texas Department of Heath for students in health-related academic programs
International15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 12 months.
National15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.