As scientific and engineering fields deal with increasingly complex and expanded information and data sets, the need for individuals with such computational skills is expected to expand greatly.
The Analytics and Modeling program at Valparaiso University provides students with a set of highly marketable skills applicable to many areas of science, industry, business, and government.
- Core courses built around statistics, databases, and visual imaging
- Advanced coursework in computational applications, including modeling techniques
- Experience in a data-focused programming language, such as Python, R, or SAS
- Research projects and internships allowing students to apply their skills to real-world problems
- A 4+1 B.S./M.S. Early Entry program allows qualified undergraduate students at Valpo to complete the M.S. in Analytics and Modeling in one year
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Statistics for Decision-Making
- Information Management
- Data Mining
- Simulation and Modeling
- Mathematical Models of Infectious Disease
- Numerical Weather Prediction
- Computational Molecular Science
- Business Analytics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Business Intelligence & Analytics View 291 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Graduate from an accredited college or university
- Valpo’s graduate application
- Official transcripts from all university courses you’ve taken
- Two recommendation letters from professors or employers
- A statement of purpose that describes why you are applying to Valpo, your interest in the degree program, and how it affects your personal and professional development
- Application fee
International650 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 650 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National650 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 650 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.