Our graduate faculty has expertise in a variety of geographical and thematic areas. Students pursuing the MA in History may focus on one of several specializations that include American, Borderlands, World (Middle East, Asia, and Europe), Atlantic World, Race & Ethnicity, Women & Gender, Labor, Latin America, and Religion and Military History.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Readings in U.S. History prior to 1877
- Readings in U.S. History after 1877
- Readings of the History of the West
- Readings in U.S. History Special Topics
- Readings in Medieval/Early Modern European History
- Readings in Modern European History
- Readings in European History – Special Topics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHistory View 488 other Masters in History in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent in a similar or related field.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- Minimum of 12 hours of upper division and 9 hours of lower division History coursework.
- Personal statement detailing professional goals and reasons for pursuing the graduate degree.
- GRE General Test. GRE test scores are valid for 5 years. A waiver of the GRE requirement will be granted to applicants who show proof of completing a graduate degree (master’s or doctoral).
International31796 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15898 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National15196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7598 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.