The master degree in Experimental Psychology at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, general is designed for students who wish to pursue further doctoral work in a non-clinical field of psychology. Upon graduation, students are likely to pursue careers in academia or research.
- The master's degree in Experimental Psychology, BCBA is for students who wish to achieve certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- This course of study allows completion of coursework and supervised experience to become eligible to sit the international certification exam.
- Special Topics in Psychology: Journal and BCBA Review
- Psychological Statistics
- Advanced Studies in Psychopathology
- Advanced Studies in Personality Theory
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Conditioning and Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Statistics View 1323 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Undergraduate course in statistics and/or research methods with a grade of B or higher.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- Letter of Intent (400-500 words) detailing professional goals and reasons for pursuing the graduate degree.
- Three letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources.
- GRE General Test. Preferred minimum scores: 153 Verbal and 144 Quantitative. GRE test scores are valid for 5 years. A waiver of the GRE requirement will be granted to applicants who show proof of completing a graduate degree (master’s or doctoral).
International15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 12 months.
National15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.