Graduates from the program will enjoy a wide range of career opportunities as emergency management specialists, homeland security officers, hospital emergency preparedness administrators, public health planners, communication officers, and emergency response technicians.
The program also prepares students for Ph.D. programs in emergency management, public health, and related fields. Funding opportunities in the form of assistantships are available for both domestic and international students.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Graduate Statistics
- Graduate Methods
- Disaster and Society
- Geographic Information Systems for Disaster Management
- Principles of Emergency Management
- Social Demography
- Global Security
- Disaster Vulnerability
- Environmental Sociology
- Disaster Mitigation and Preparedness
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics View 290 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Undergraduate degree from any major.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0. If applicant does not meet minimum undergraduate GPA criterion, GRE general test are required for conditional admission. GRE test scores are valid for 5 years.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
International31796 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15898 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National15196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7598 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.