The Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education degree at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley provides the skill set needed to become a mathematics instructional leader to serve a diverse population, especially the English language learner.
- Career outcomes range from school district administrator to curriculum specialist, coordinator and instructional coach.
- UTRGV is a collaborative partner in the Texas Regional Collaborative in Science and Math, which promotes mentoring and professional development in science & math instruction.
- Teaching Mathematics for Understanding
- Curriculum Problems and Processes
- Teaching and Learning Algebraic Concepts
- Teaching and Learning Geometric Concepts
- Current Issues and Research in Mathematics Education
- Research Methods in Education
- Mathematics and Science Education Project
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Instructional Design View 195 other Masters in Instructional Design in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent in a similar or related field.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- If applicant does not meet minimum undergraduate GPA criterion, GRE general test with minimum scores of 150 Verbal, 141 Quantitative, and 4.0 Analytical is required for conditional admission. GRE test scores are valid for 5 years.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- Personal statement of 250 to 500 words detailing statement of goals, including academic and professional objectives. Explain how graduate study will help you attain your goals.
- Resume including educational background and work experience.
International13750 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 USD for the full programme during 10 months.
National13750 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 USD for the full programme during 10 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.