The Master of Science (MS) in Communication Sciences and Disorders at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is designed to prepare graduates for the Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY), the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), a license for the state of Texas, and eventually independent clinical practice in the profession of speech-language pathology.
- All students must enroll in Clinical Practicum each semester during the first full year of graduate study
- Accredited, cutting edge degree program
- Experienced, dedicated faculty
- Speech Pathology
- Research in Communication Disorders
- Speech-Language and Hearing Science
- Childhood Language Disorders and Clinical Intervention
- Fluency Disorders
- Language Disorders in Adults
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Biology Speech Pathology View 241 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from a regionally accredited institution in the United States.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 in the last 60 semester credit hours.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- Personal statement (500 words) detailing professional goals and reasons for pursuing the graduate degree.
- Three letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources.
- Resume including educational background and work experience.
- GRE General Test. GRE test scores are valid for 5 years. A waiver of the GRE requirement will be granted to applicants who show proof of completing a graduate degree (master’s or doctoral).
International15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 24 months.
National15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State8332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.