As a professional with a M.A. degree in psychology, students would also be eligible to teach psychology on the post-secondary level.
- Graduates of our Clinical Psychology programs at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley are prepared to obtain a license as a professional counselor or pursue a doctorate in clinical psychology. Demographic analyses show there is a shortage of licensed counselors and psychologists in our region.
- Although the local population is often not aware of the benefits that counseling can provide, there is tremendous growth potential for the career paths of licensed counselors and psychologists in the Rio Grande Valley.
- Psychological Statistics
- Advanced Studies in Psychopathology
- Advanced Studies in Personality Theory
- Conditioning and Learning
- Research Design
- Advanced Psychological Measurement
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 448 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- Essay (1500 words) detailing professional goals and reasons for pursuing the graduate degree.
- Three letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources.
- GRE General Test with preferred minimum scores of 153 Verbal and 144 Quantitative. GRE test scores are valid for 5 years. A waiver of the GRE requirement will be granted to applicants who show proof of completing a graduate degree (master’s or doctoral).
International15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 12 months.
National15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.