Community Development from University of Detroit Mercy integrates human, organizational, physical and economic (HOPE Model) aspects of community development for a comprehensive approach to the renewal of communities.
Job Opportunities in Community Development include:
- Social service agencies
- Municipal or state government departments
- Philanthropic organizations
- Community development organizations
- Community engagement or organizing consulting
- Real estate development organizations
- Social entrepreneurship or social impact enterprises
- Community Development
- Human Development
- Organizational Development
- Social, Environmental, and Economic Justice
- Economic Development
- Regional Development & Sustainability
- Physical Development
- Diversity and Multiculturalism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications after this date will continue to be accepted, but will be evaluated for admission as space is available
DisciplinesSocial Work International Development Organisational Behaviour View 174 other Masters in International Development in United States
- Official transcripts from previous degree programs (A 3.0 undergraduate GPA is required for admission.)
- Letter of Intent including why you want to be in the MCD program, how your experiences have prepared you for the program, and what aspects of the HOPE Model interest you
- Two Letters of Recommendation, preferably one from an employer and one from a previous faculty member, including contact information of referees
International30600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Highland Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.