The Master of Science in Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Science of University of Hawaii at Hilo will utilize the extraordinary biological, physical, and cultural complexity of the island of Hawai?i as a focus of investigation and study. The program will prepare students for technical positions and for entry into Ph.D. programs in related fields.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Perform, interpret, and communicate scientific research in the interdisciplinary field of conservation biology and environmental science;
- Use advanced technological equipment, perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of complex data.
- Develop skills and applications in natural resource management and policy.
- Conservatn Biol & Environ Sci
- CBES Field & Laboratory Method
- Natural Resource Mgt
- Quantitative Ecology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Sciences View 366 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution or from a nationally-recognized foreign institution.
- A minimum combined verbal and quantitative score of 290 on the General Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
- Three letters of recommendation submitted by references who have observed or supervised the applicant’s performance and are able to comment on the quality of the applicant’s academic achievement, ability to pursue graduate study, and general character.
- Grade point average of 3.0 (on a scale where A = 4.0) or the equivalent in the last four semesters of approximately 60 semester credits of undergraduate work and/or in all post-baccalaureate work.
- A score of 550 TOEFL (paper based), 213 (computer based) or 79 (internet based), or 6.0 IELTS (for students who have not attended an English language university, or for whom English is not the primary language.
International26568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13284 USD per semester during 24 months.
National26568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13284 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5868 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Hilo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.