The University of San Diego School of Law is proud to be among the finest institutions providing graduate education and skills training in tax law. As one of the nation's top tax LLM programs, USD's Graduate Tax Program is the ideal choice for candidates who wish to study in the western United States. Graduates join our extensive network of LLM in Taxation alumni practicing throughout the region and the nation.
The Taxation program at University of San Diego provides candidates with the necessary theoretical and practical framework that employers require. Through intensive study, students develop a broad skill set in traditional tax lawyering skills. In addition, students gain a deep understanding of the policies forming the basis of our tax laws and Internal Revenue Service pronouncements and are able to analyze proposals for tax reform.
Key Program Features
The LLM in Taxation and Diploma in Taxation prepare attorneys for the private practice of tax law, for in-house counsel positions, for legal positions in large accounting firms, and for positions in taxing agencies at the state and federal levels.
- Candidates are provided with a strong fundamental basis in tax law, but also have the flexibility to select advanced tax electives from the core curriculum to create a course of study that focuses on their particular areas of interest
- The strong core of distinguished faculty comprises a diverse range of scholars and practitioners, all of whom are leaders in their areas of teaching and practice and have a remarkable commitment to the academic and professional development of their students
- Almost 1,000 graduates are currently in practice in California, throughout the United States, and around the world
- Alumni include current and former U.S. Tax Court clerks, members of the judiciary, partners and associates in a variety of firms, sole practitioners and government officials
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Tax
- Federal Estate & Gift Taxation
- Federal Tax Clinic
- Finance & Accounting for Lawyers
- International Taxation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Law Master of Laws (LLM) Taxation View 201 other Masters in Taxation in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online through the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC)
- Official Law School Transcript(s)
- Official Law School Class Rank
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Please submit a brief personal statement (1-3 pages) which addresses: the nature and extent of your legal background, other related professional experience, why you will be a successful candidate for this degree, how you plan to make use of your graduate degree, and any additional information you deem important
- Two letters of Recommendation
- International applicants are required to establish English competency through successful completion of an English language test (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Letter of Good Standing
International47040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1960 USD per credit during 12 months.
National47040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1960 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.