The University of San Diego School of Law is proud to be among the finest institutions providing graduate education and skills training in tax law. As one of the nation's top tax LLM programs, USD's Graduate Tax Program is the ideal choice for candidates who wish to study in the western United States. Graduates join our extensive network of LLM in Taxation alumni practicing throughout the region and the nation.
The LLM in Taxation and Diploma in Taxation programs at University of San Diego provide candidates with the necessary theoretical and practical framework that employers require. Through intensive study, students develop a broad skill set in traditional tax lawyering skills. In addition, students gain a deep understanding of the policies forming the basis of our tax laws and Internal Revenue Service pronouncements and are able to analyze proposals for tax reform.
Key Program Features
The LLM in Taxation and Diploma in Taxation prepare attorneys for the private practice of tax law, for in-house counsel positions, for legal positions in large accounting firms, and for positions in taxing agencies at the state and federal levels.
- Candidates are provided with a strong fundamental basis in tax law, but also have the flexibility to select advanced tax electives from the core curriculum to create a course of study that focuses on their particular areas of interest
- The strong core of distinguished faculty comprises a diverse range of scholars and practitioners, all of whom are leaders in their areas of teaching and practice and have a remarkable commitment to the academic and professional development of their students
More informationVisit official programme website
- Corporate Tax
- Partnership Tax
- International Tax
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaster of Laws (LLM) Taxation View 95 other Masters in Taxation in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A candidate for this LLM degree must successfully complete 24 credit hours of graduate tax coursework
- Effective Fall 2017, the three required courses are: Corporate Tax, Partnership Tax, and International Tax
- Remaining credits may be chosen from our advanced tax course offerings
- Tax I is a prerequisite to all graduate tax courses. Full-time applicants should have taken Tax I as part of their JD curriculum. Part-time applicants can enroll in Tax I as their initial class in the program, but the course will not count toward the required credit hours needed to graduate. Foreign students admitted to the program on a full-time basis can audit Tax I in their first semester.
- Full details of the degree requirements may be found in the School of Law Academic Rules in the Student Handbook
International1960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1960 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1960 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.