Early Childhood Teacher (PreK-2) from Cambridge College prepares you to pursue an initial license in Early Childhood PreK-2 With and Without Disabilities. The early childhood teaching degree at Cambridge College offers licensure and non-licensure options and is approved by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Graduates of the licensure option are eligible for initial licensure and will be qualified to teach preschool, kindergarten, and other early learning classrooms.
Alternative career options for early childhood teacher graduates include working as teaching assistants or preschool and childcare center directors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Teaching Phonological and Phonemic Awareness and Phonics
- Adapting Materials for Students w/Disabilities in Gen Ed Classrooms
- Collaboration and Consultation Techniques
- Development of Young Children
- Teaching Science & Technology in Early Childhood & Elementary Curr.
- Inclusion and Classroom Behavior Management
- Teaching Soc.Sci. Hist. & Multicul. Early Childhood & Elementary Curr.
- Developmental Reading for Early Childhood Birth to Eight
- Integration of Children's Lit. in Early Childhood & Elementary Curr.
- Inclusion in Math Class
- Integrating Physical Ed. in Early Childhood and Elementary Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
A completed application must be received within enough time for students to receive the i20 and arrive in the U.S. prior to the term start-date.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 1668 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Supplemental documentation for issuance of I-20
- A complete, signed application
- Application fee: $100.00
- Completed Application Supplement for F1 International Students
- Photocopy of your current passport
- Photocopy of your visa (if you are currently in the U.S.)
- Photocopy of pages 1 and 3 of your current I-20 (if you are in the U.S. in F1 status)
- Personal Statement
- Letter of reference
- Official transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Second letter of reference
- Current résumé
- Earned bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA required.
- Two Professional Recommendations
International17220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 574 USD per credit during 12 months.
National17220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 574 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.