The Counselor Education program at Western Connecticut State University has been nationally accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs since 1996. The school counseling option prepares candidates to work as school counselors in grades K-12.
The clinical mental health counseling option prepares students to work as counselors in a variety of community, agency, and clinical mental- health settings. Students are National-Certified Counselor-eligible after passing the National Counselor Exam, administered at Western each fall and spring. In addition, graduates are eligible to become licensed professional counselors upon completing additional requirements set forth by the State of Connecticut.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Counseling Diverse Populations
- Assessment for Counselors
- Fundamentals of Statistics and Research Design
- Interviewing and Consultation Across the Life Span: Principles and Techniques
- Group Work Foundation: Theory and Practice
- Individual Counseling in the Schools: Clinical Skills
- Advanced Group Work: Theory and Practice
- Pupil Personnel Services: Philosophy and Organization
- Practicum in School Counseling
- Internship in School Counseling
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 3550 other Masters in Education in United States
- Complete an undergraduate program that includes a general-education distribution of courses in English, mathematics, science, social and behavioral sciences, foreign language, and fine arts.
- Submit an essay demonstrating proficiency in English, stating the reasons for wanting to enroll in a counselor-education program, and emphasizing experiences relevant to the field.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from individuals able to testify to the student’s suitability as a prospective counselor.
- Be interviewed by the program’s faculty admissions committee, which will assess the student’s academic background and personal attributes that might affect the student’s performance as a counselor.
International26476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13238 USD per semester during 36 months.
National26476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13238 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State13252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6626 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Danbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.