Western Connecticut State University’s Master of Health Administration program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills when facilitating group interactions, preparing written analyses, presenting compelling arguments and solutions, preparing well-documented plans, reports, and papers and when sharing core health administration principles, concepts and practices.
- Apply leadership techniques appropriate for the context to inspire and influence individuals and teams to pursue a shared vision and goals.
- Demonstrate awareness of the multidisciplinary nature of healthcare operations and take responsibility for acting effectively and professionally in teams as a team leader and/or as a member.
- Apply critical thinking and analytical skills to assess situations, identify challenges and opportunities, solve problems, implement solutions, and evaluate results in health care delivery.
- Make decisions and conduct oneself according to high ethical and professional standards.
- Apply knowledge of management and leadership theories and practices to design, organize, mange and improve health care systems and organizations in compliance with industry standards and overall mission.
- Apply the knowledge of health care organization’s structure, operation, finance, accounting, technology and context to design systems of care, develop operational plans and strategic plans in line with organization’s overall mission and strategy.
- Identify and evaluate ways to strengthen the U.S. healthcare system by critically comparing it to international health care systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Resource Management
- Health Delivery Systems
- Health Services Financial Management
- Managing Health Services Organizations
- Health Services Quality Tools
- Health Services Tech and Innovation
- Health Policy
- Strategic Managing for Health Services
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Health Management View 1745 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
Admission to the M.H.A. program requires submission of the following materials:
- a completed application for graduate study – Online application
- submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate courses and degrees
- if your undergraduate grade point average (GPA) is less than 3.0, complete and pass (> 35th percentile) an entrance examination score from one of the following: Miller Analogies Test (MAT); Graduate Record Examination (GRE); Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- submit two letters of recommendation
- submit a current resume or curriculum vita
International26476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13238 USD per semester during 24 months.
National26476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13238 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State13252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6626 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Danbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.