About the Program
During the Publishing and Writing program of Emerson College you’ll receive a comprehensive overview of the publishing industry with the flexibility to take classes in a variety of areas, including book, magazine, and electronic publishing, customizing the program to meet your interests. With the support and guidance of our award-winning faculty, you will master:
- Writing for print and online magazines;
- Book and magazine design and production;
- Publishing for tablets, e-readers, and mobile devices;
- Web design and publishing;
- Publicity and marketing;
- Developmental, line, and copy editing; and
- Acquisition skills.
While other programs will also provide experience in the business and editorial sides of publishing, they don’t often delve into literature and writing. Our integration of publishing, literature, and writing cultivates your ability to respond to creativity with creativity. We offer a flexible curriculum where publishing and writing meet. You have the option to choose from book, magazine, and electronic publishing courses. You will be exposed to:
- Developmental, line, and copy editing
- Acquisitions skills
- Publicity and marketing
- Book and magazine design and production
- Publishing for tablets, readers, and mobile devices
- Web design and publishing
- Magazine Publishing Overview
- Book Publishing Overview
- Electronic Publishing Overview
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature View 720 other Masters in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts: All non-U.S. transcripts must be sent to an evaluation agency.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of English proficiency by submitting official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, or Pearson test results.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- There is one required essay for this program, which can be submitted online with your application.
- Applicants must submit either a writing sample or a portfolio that shows proficiency in their area(s) of interest.
- Professional resume.
International38880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1296 USD per credit during 12 months.
National38880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1296 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.