Each semester, students may choose a Mentor Advisor from outside the department for consultation on a particular facet of their work. Other program opportunities include cross-registration with MIT and UMass Boston, internships, and teaching assistantships. In addition to screenings and Visiting Artist lectures, the City of Boston offers exceptional cultural, creative and intellectual resources for students.
- Develop a professional studio practice, with personal content and vision
- Advance technical knowledge and skill in film and/or video, and in other media as needed
- Expand the media in which time-based work can be produced
- Understand the work in relation to the anticipated audience
- Understand one’s work in relation to contemporary art and art history
- Develop the ability to critique peers’ work across disciplines
- Develop awareness and understanding of the diverse cultural, historical, and experiential issues expressed and inherent in one’s own artwork and in that of one’s peers
- Develop presentation skills including public speaking, proposal writing, exhibition guidelines and artist’s statement
- Exhibit one’s work in a professional setting and in a professional manner. Students may also participate in other exhibitions and curatorial opportunities at the college or other venues
More informationVisit official programme website
- Major Studio
- Graduate Seminar
- Graduate Contemporary Art
- Studio Elective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 212 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Online Application Form
- $90 Application Fee
- Statement of Purpose
- Official Post-Secondary/College Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Course Descriptions and Syllabi
International780 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 780 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National780 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 780 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.