Each semester, students may choose a Mentor Advisor from outside the department for consultation on a particular facet of their work. Other Media Arts - Film and Video program offered by Massachusetts College of Art and Design opportunities include cross-registration with MIT and UMass Boston, internships, and teaching assistantships. In addition to screenings and Visiting Artist lectures, the City of Boston offers exceptional cultural, creative and intellectual resources for students.
- Develop a professional studio practice, with personal content and vision
- Advance technical knowledge and skill in film and/or video, and in other media as needed
- Expand the media in which time-based work can be produced
- Understand the work in relation to the anticipated audience
- Understand one’s work in relation to contemporary art and art history
- Develop the ability to critique peers’ work across disciplines
- Develop awareness and understanding of the diverse cultural, historical, and experiential issues expressed and inherent in one’s own artwork and in that of one’s peers
- Develop presentation skills including public speaking, proposal writing, exhibition guidelines and artist’s statement
- Exhibit one’s work in a professional setting and in a professional manner. Students may also participate in other exhibitions and curatorial opportunities at the college or other venues
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Major Studio
- Graduate Seminar
- Graduate Contemporary Art
- Studio Elective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications received after the Priority Deadline will be reviewed on a rolling admissions basis.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 298 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- $90 Application fee
- Statement of Purpose: A one-to-two page statement describing your reasons for applying to MassArt, the Master of Architecture program and the planned direction of your future work. Note any recent developments that support your decision to apply.•
- Resume: List professional accomplishments including exhibitions and awards, as well as professional or other activities that convey a sense of your commitment to a life in the arts.
- Post-Secondary/College Transcripts (unofficial copies): Submit transcripts of all previous college level academic work. Transcripts must be translated into English for review.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
International24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 24 months.
National24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.