The practical application of mathematics is a cornerstone of industry, business, research, and government services. IUP offers graduate assistantships and scholarships to qualifying students in the master’s program.
Ideal candidates for the MS in Applied Mathematics program from Indiana University of Pennsylvania have completed a calculus sequence, an introductory course in linear algebra, ordinary differential equations, and probability and statistics. Computer programming skills are also required. Many students continue their education after graduating by pursuing a PhD.
Careers in Applied Mathematics
- Our faculty members often help students find the most appropriate internship to fit their skill set and career interests. While earning an MS degree in applied mathematics, students apply what they’ve learned at internships in industries such as agriculture, software, pharmaceuticals, information services, healthcare, and more. Many graduates have accepted full-time employment with their internship companies after graduation.
- Graduates have gone on to work as data scientists, analysts, supervisors, and technical leads. With a strong network of IUP alumni, applied mathematics students have opportunities to connect with major businesses in Pennsylvania and across the country.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureApplied Mathematics Curriculum
- Core courses include Deterministic Models in Operations Research, Mathematical Statistics, and Analysis for Applied Mathematics.
- Students also choose from a broad range of electives such as Complex Variables, Applied Regression Analysis, Applied Statistical Methods, Nonlinear Programming Models, Advanced Simulation, and more.
- To help students succeed in these classes, IUP’s Mathematics and Computer Sciences Department provides high-performance computing resources not found elsewhere on campus.
- To earn the Master of Science degree, students must complete a minimum of 27 credits of coursework and complete either a thesis project or an internship.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 278 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts from every college or university you’ve attended, even if you didn’t earn a degree there.
- Goal statement that describes your career and academic goals.
- Letters of recommendation, which you can request through your admissions profile.
International20898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 12 months.
National20898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 516 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Indiana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.