At the Marriage and Family Therapy program offered by Saint Cloud State University , you will learn the knowledge, skills and disposition to improve the quality of well-being for individuals, families and wider social systems within diverse and multicultural settings.
- A competitive, intimate program that welcomes 16 full-time students into the cohort of each academic year with limited options for a part-time track. The cohort model enriches the experiential learning components of the program while building a foundational professional network for years to come.
- Frequent engagement with program leadership in both course instruction and student advising.
- Two experiential training components: first year students have a supervised practicum experience in our brand-new state of the art training clinic and second-year students engage in a supervised, year-long community internship.
- 100 percent student placement for community internships.
- 5:1 student/teacher ratio allows for students to pursue opportunities in publication and presenting at professional conferences.
- Classes are scheduled to limit student on-campus attendance (2-3 days in the first year; 1 day in the second year).
- One of the most affordable graduate programs available.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations of Mental Health Counseling
- Group Counseling Theory and Practice
- Counseling Theories
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology Clinical Psychology View 939 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Strong candidates will be invited to complete a group interview with representatives of the profession, advanced students in the program and the counseling faculty. The interview is required.
- Applicants can enhance their chance for an admission offer by having all application materials in by the deadline and then demonstrating clear and compelling responses to the interview questions in the group interviews.
- A brief description of the applicant's background, training and experience.
- A statement of short-and long-term professional goals.
- A statement of purpose regarding the interest in your degree program.
- Identify areas of strength and challenges in pursuing this program.
International12444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12444 USD per year during 12 months.
National12904 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12904 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8878 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8878 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Saint Cloud
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.