Graduates of the Childhood Education (Grades 1-6) program at State University of New York at New Paltz are qualified to receive dual certification, i.e., teaching certification in both Early Childhood Education (birth through grade two) and Childhood Education (grades one through six). To obtain these certifications, students must complete the program and pass all required New York State Teacher Certification Examinations.
Subsequent education courses prepare students to to work effectively with children from different backgrounds and in different settings, including developmentally appropriate teaching practices and curriculum planning. A thorough grounding in child development is part of the program.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Fieldwork in Early Childhood
- Fieldwork in Math, Science, and Technology
- Fieldwork in Grades 3-6
- Microcomputer as Ed Tool
- Creative Experience for Young Children
- Language and Literature for Young Children
- Curriculum One: Infant and Toddler
- Teaching Writing & Multimodal Text Production
- Piaget's Theory and App for Curr and Inst. in Elementary Classroom
- Children's and Young Adult Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3540 other Masters in Education in United States
- In addition to teaching in early childhood settings and elementary/middle schools in New York State and elsewhere, graduates of the program go on to careers in human services, public relations, educational publishing and other related fields.
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5655 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.