This Computing Security program of Rochester Institute of Technology enables you to develop a strong theoretical and practical foundation in security computing, preparing you for leadership positions in the cybersecurity industry, academia, or research careers, or to pursue a more advanced degree in cybersecurity or another computing discipline.
The computer security master's degree is designed for students who have an undergraduate computing degree in an area such as computing security, computer science, information technology, networking, or software engineering, as well as those who have a strong background in a field in which computers are applied, such as computer or electrical engineering. The program is offered online and on campus.
Typical Job Titles
- Associate Detection and Response Engineer
- Backend Developer
- Cyber Defense Solutions Engineer
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Cyber Security
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Cryptography and Authentication
- Computer System Security
- MS Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Cyber Security Software Engineering View 1114 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Complete an online graduate application. Refer to Graduate Admission Deadlines and Requirements for information on application deadlines, entry terms, and more.
- Submit copies of official transcript(s) (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, including any transfer credit earned.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or US equivalent) from an accredited university or college in computing security, computer science, software engineering, information technology, networking, computer engineering, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, or computer engineering technology (exceptional students from other fields may be admitted on a contingent basis).
- Recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
International54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
National54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.