Why Rhode Island College?
With job openings for mental health counselors projected to grow at almost three times the rate of other fields of employment, graduates of Rhode Island College’s M.S. in mental health counseling program have extremely high employability. Our clinical mental health counseling program is the only such program in Rhode Island accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs and one of only 15 in New England.
Clinical Mental Health Counseling Students at Rhode Island College take a variety of advanced counseling courses to gain training in clinical practice. This program is well aligned to the state licensing requirements, and students admitted into this program will be prepared with the coursework, practicum and internship experiences to seek a license as a RI licensed mental health counselor.
The program is fully accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Professional Orientation and Ethical Practice
- Human Development across Cultures
- Theories and Methods of Counseling
- Quantitative Measurement and Test Interpretation
- Vocational Counseling and Placement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Counselling View 964 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- A completed application accompanied by a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records. RIC transcripts do not need to be requested.
- Note: A minimum cumulative GPA of B (3.00 on a 4.00 scale) in undergraduate course work, and a minimum GPA of 3.25 in previous graduate work is recommended.
- A professional goals essay.
- A writing sample (beginning 2021)
- Performance based evaluation.
- Three letters of recommendation accompanied by candidate rating forms.
- A resume/CV.
International943 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 943 USD per credit during 24 months.
National943 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 943 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State485 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 485 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.