The Mathematical Studies program at Rhode Island College will help students develop quantitative and abstract reasoning and the ability to use mathematics as a computational and analytical tool. The department strives to produce graduates who exhibit knowledge, comprehension, and creativity in the practice of mathematics as they pursue a variety of career opportunities.
Why Rhode Island College?
In the mathematical sciences graduate program, each student has an individualized plan of study based on their goals and interests. Instructors include award-winning teachers and some of the most enthusiastic professors on staff. Our graduates go on to success in business, teaching and in PhD programs, and they give rave reviews about our program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Higher Analysis
- Introduction to Complex Variables
- Set Theory
- Algebraic Structures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 610 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- TOEFL minimum score of 81 web-based (213 computer-based or 550 written) or IELTS minimum score of 6.5. See appendix for English language proficiency testing services.
- Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) academic records with a certified course-by-course evaluation and English translation from an approved agency (NACES or AICE). See appendix for a partial list of approved agencies.
- At least three professional reference letters and a personal resume.
- Some programs require the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test. Check the individual graduate program for specific requirement.
International943 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 943 USD per credit during 12 months.
National943 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 943 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State485 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 485 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.