Why Rhode Island College?
Students are given the opportunity to complete courses at times convenient to their schedules. They’re also exposed to faculty with national and international reputations who take pride not only in their research, but also in mentoring young historians in seminar classes. Faculty possess broad expertise in a range of areas and courses are rotated annually so students may work with different faculty.
A mix of History seminars at Rhode Island College and advanced lecture courses challenge students by addressing the most recent scholarship and trends in a wide variety of historical specialties. In both the Seminar and Thesis plans, we develop student’s abilities to pursue independent research and interpretation through exposure to the widest possible range of historical writing and a variety of theoretical, investigative and pedagogical approaches.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Topics in Comparative History
- Topics in American History
- Topics in Western History
- Topics in Non-Western History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 109 other Masters in Modern History in United States
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- TOEFL minimum score of 81 web-based (213 computer-based or 550 written) or IELTS minimum score of 6.5. See appendix for English language proficiency testing services.
- Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) academic records with a certified course-by-course evaluation and English translation from an approved agency (NACES or AICE). See appendix for a partial list of approved agencies.
- At least three professional reference letters and a personal resume.
- Some programs require the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test. Check the individual graduate program for specific requirement.
International943 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 943 USD per credit during 12 months.
National943 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 943 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State485 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 485 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.