In this program, you will learn how to create meaningful, culturally relevant literacy experiences for all learners. This program provides opportunities to tutor in urban, suburban and rural schools, allowing you to develop proficiency in planning, assessment, and diagnosis. Learn to engage readers and acknowledge the needs of resistance readers and writers.
- Critical Literacy and Pedagogy
- Foundations of Literacy: Birth to Adolescence
- Literature, Art, & Media: Adolescence
- Writing Lives: Autobiography, Teaching & the Construction of Self in the Context of Others
- Evaluating for Reflective Instruction
- Literacy Practicum Childhood Birth to Grade 6
- Literacy Coaching
- Literacy Inquiry Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation View 3667 other Masters in Education in United States
- Official transcript
- GPA of at least 3.0
- MAT or GRE scores
- Program advisement meeting
- Initial Teaching Certification
- Education essay
- Purpose statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Application fee
In-State462 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 462 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.