The program includes concentrations in in Actuarial Science, Applied Statistics, Data Science, and Mathematical Statistics. All students are expected to master a wide variety of applied statistical, computational, and probabilistic techniques and the theoretical foundations upon which these techniques are based.
Students are expected to be familiar with recent developments in the field and to be able to use the statistical literature to learn new techniques and theories throughout their professional careers. In addition to the general requirements stated elsewhere in this catalog, students must satisfy the departmental requirements stated in the following paragraphs.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students graduating the Statistics - Actuarial Science at California State University East Bay will be able to:
- Apply statistical methodologies, including a) descriptive statistics and graphical displays, b) probability models for uncertainty, stochastic processes, and distribution theory, c) hypothesis testing and confidence intervals, d) ANOVA and regression models (including linear, and multiple linear) and analysis of residuals from models and trends at the Master’s level.
- Derive basic theory underlying these methodologies.
- Model practical problems for solutions using these methodologies.
- Produce relevant computer output using standard statistical software and interpret the results appropriately.
- Probability and Statistical Theory
- Statistical Methods
- Analysis of Variance Models
- Linear and Logistic Regression
- Advanced Statistical Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 357 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- English language proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
- CV / Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
International15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
National15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8429 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8429 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.