Speech-language pathology and Audiology are clinical professions, with goals of making effective communication a human right for all persons, and for competently serving children and adults with disorders and differences of speech, language, hearing, cognition, and swallowing.
This Speech-Language Pathology program at California State University East Bay has rigorous and balanced academic and clinical training. The Master’s degree program is accredited by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Students who complete the Master of Science degree in Speech-Language Pathology are eligible for ASHA certification, California state licensure, and in most cases the Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential to work in public schools. Speech-language pathologists work in a variety of settings including hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, university-based clinics, rehabilitation centers, community speech and hearing clinics, early intervention settings, public schools, and private practice.
- Educating All Learners in Diverse Classrooms
- Foundations of Clinical Practicum
- Assessment and Treatment of Child Language Disorders
- Adult Neurogenic Disorders of Language and Cognition
- Dysphagia in Adults and Children
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- 66-68 units
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 239 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- English language proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
- CV / Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
International15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 24 months.
National15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8429 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8429 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.