The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program offered by Florida Gulf Coast University provides the professional and research based knowledge and professional counseling skills. Also, our program fully prepares students to be eligible for registered intern status on the way to licensure as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Florida and provides
The M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling offers additional specialized courses focusing on mental health counseling in areas such as internship, human sexuality, addictions, organization, administration and supervision, and professional development. Students are engaged in field-based activities during almost every enrollment.
Students can complete their studies in two or three years.
Counseling Criminal Record Policy Statement
All applicants are advised that in order to complete the program, they must complete internships. Most internship facilities do background checks and will not permit the placement of counselor interns with criminal records. The Department reserves the right to deny program admission to any applicant if it appears that applicant is unlikely to be able to complete the internship requirement due to a criminal record, thus inhibiting their ability to complete the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mental Disorders
- Appraisal Procedures
- Career Development
- Legal & Ethical
- Advanced Counseling Theories
- Organizations, Administration & Supervision
- Cross-cultural Counseling
- Human Sexuality
- Issues in Addictions and Abuse
- Lifespan Development
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 650 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- A four year undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Submission of 3 recommendations from professionals in the field using the department's recommendation form. Note that letters of recommendation submitted in addition to the form are optional.
- Submission of a written statement of career goals will be reviewed for admission.
- Participation in a personal interview is required. Responses to the interview will be evaluated for admission.
- Performance in courses taken post baccalaureate will be taken into consideration for admission to the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program.
International39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per credit during 24 months.
National39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State11190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 373 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Fort Myers Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.