With this International Law MicroMasters Program from Université Catholique de Louvain - LouvainX, you’ll master the language and institutions of international law. The MicroMasters Program will give you a clear understanding of the ways by which international law exists as a legal order and bears on domestic governance (human rights), war (law of armed conflicts) and the economy (investment law).
You’ll learn to decode international news from a legal perspective and to understand the legal rules at play in specific professional fields of international relations (diplomacy, humanitarian aid, NGOs...).
If you’re not a lawyer, you’ll become able to interact with professional lawyers in an articulate way.
If you already graduated in law, political sciences or international relations, you might even become interested in taking your credential to the next level and become an advanced master student at Louvain!
Your MicroMasters Credential from Université Catholique de Louvain - LouvainX will be worth 20 credits out of the 60 credits needed to complete the advanced master. 33% of study time saved!
What You'll Learn:
- Understand the legal rules at play in specific professional fields of international relations (diplomacy, humanitarian aid, NGOs...)
- Make sound legal arguments in order to enhance claims based on international law and interact with professional lawyers in an articulate way
- Decrypt international news from a legal perspective
- Career opportunities include: Attorneys, political scientists, journalists, economists, activists and NGO specialists
- members of the armed forces, Civil servants, members of governmental and intergovernmental organizations, diplomats, embassy staff
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Law
- International Investment Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 5 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law Legal Studies View 5 other programmes in Legal Studies in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at edX - online learning platform and/or in Belgium, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International895 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 895 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National895 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 895 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.