Are you working in the development sector and looking to take the next step in your career?
International and community development aims to reduce poverty and improve the living standards, health and quality of life for those who need it most. As our world and the challenges we face becomes more complex, we need qualified and skilled professionals to lead across sectors and organizations.
Balancing theoretical knowledge with practical skills, the Leadership in Global Development MicroMasters Program from Edx in partnership with University of Queensland - UQx provides the strong technical and management skills you need to tackle the most demanding and complex challenges in global development. This credential will demonstrate that you have the advanced skills international development agencies are increasingly demanding from their leaders and managers.
Through each course, you will learn how to analyse and respond effectively to complicated problems in development, viewing them from a range of different perspectives, and how to be an adaptive leader. After gaining a verified certificate for each of the four prerequisite courses, pass the Capstone Assessment and be awarded the MicroMasters program certificate in Leadership in Global Development.
- Development industry representatives have expressed the need for professionals who have both the contextual knowledge and the leadership skills to manage increasingly complex problems.
- The demand for development professionals in the private sector is also increasing.
- This innovative and multidisciplinary credential will set you apart from an increasingly competitive job market.
- Exciting career opportunities are available with multilateral and bilateral aid agencies, aid contractors, government departments, non-government organisations and mining and other private sector companies.
What You'll Learn:
- An understanding of the prominent perspectives, trends, and challenges of leadership styles in development.
- Critical knowledge of the science, practice and policy of sustainable pathways to development.
- Skills in adaptive development practice, in finding local solutions to complex problems, and for scaling those solutions to improve policy.
- The ability to apply critical reasoning to the analysis of development-related issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leaders in Global Development
- Adaptive Leadership in Development
- Critical Development Perspectives
- Capstone Assessment: Leadership in Global Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
- 10 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership International Development View 238 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1350 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1350 USD for the full programme and a duration of 21 days.
National1350 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1350 USD for the full programme and a duration of 21 days.
5% discount coupon: Z7LZNQ4TN3B2JTWU valid for any free course + certificate upgrade
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.