The Marine Science program at California State University East Bay provides interdepartmental work and a field facility for advanced study in the marine sciences which cannot be duplicated on the Cal State East Bay campus.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an M.S.in Marine Science from Cal State East Bay will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental concepts in a particular category of oceanography and marine science and be able to synthesize and integrate across all of these fields, yet achieve a depth of understanding in the student’s individual specialty or field of study.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze scientific research, whether the student’s own research, or that performed by others.
- Pose relevant scientific hypotheses or questions that may then serve to guide thesis research.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the design and implementation of experiments or data collection methodologies to address specific hypotheses/questions.
- Master the skills and tools of data collection and analysis (including analytical and statistical techniques as appropriate) specific to the student’s scientific field of study.
- Demonstrate the ability to place ones own research within the larger context of relevant field of scientific study and to clearly identify the implications of this research for that field.
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communication by being able to present research clearly and concisely. This includes thoughtful and thorough oral and written presentation of their thesis and their responses to questions.
- Marine Ecology
- Geological Oceanography
- Physical Oceanography
- Chemical Oceanography
- Marine Science Diving
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMarine Studies Ecology View 231 other Masters in Ecology in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- English language proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
- CV / Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
International15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
National15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8429 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8429 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.