The purpose of the Kinesiology program at California State University East Bay is to give students a cross-disciplinary knowledge of kinesiology, develop their scholarly skills, and hone their professional application.
The program serves as a terminal degree for professionals as well as preparation for those intending to complete a doctorate in Kinesiology or in one of the Allied Health Professions. Because most students are working professionals, graduate courses are offered during the evening hours.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with an M.S. in Kinesiology will be able to:
- Synthesize and apply multiple cognate disciplinary perspectives.
- Design and implement professional applications.
- Make decisions using critical analysis of issues, theories, methods, ideas, and artifacts.
- Communicate persuasively using a contextually-grounded approach.
- Systematically reflect on the practice of social justice.
- Critical Inquiry in Kinesiology
- Critical Perspectives on the Body
- Social Justice in Kinesiology
- Critical Issues of the Body
- Psychology of Physical Activity and Performance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesKinesiology View 280 other Masters in Kinesiology in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- English language proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
- CV / Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
International15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
National15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8429 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8429 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.