Students graduating with an M.A. in History from Cal State East Bay will be able to:
- demonstrate advanced knowledge of United States history and the history of at least one other geographical region;
- analyze major arguments and themes in contemporary historiography, cross-cultural and interdisciplinary approaches to historical study, and humanistic values and evaluate their validity;
- make use of Bay Area research libraries, archives, special collections, and digital sources;
- analyze both secondary and primary sources, and demonstrate advanced research abilities;
- develop and compose a major independent research project in history;
- design an individual portfolio showcasing advanced historical work and create work suitable for publication or presentation in your chosen field;
- identify the standards of academic integrity and attribution of sources, and apply the values of the historical profession, including ethics and standards for work in research libraries, on the Internet, at professional conferences, and at interviews for employment.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Public History
- Introduction to Digital Historical Methods
- Public History Practicum
- Digital History Practicum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 489 other Masters in History in United States
Admission to the master’s program generally requires a B.A. degree major in History, or the equivalent, and a minimum GPA of 3.0 (“B”) in the last two years of undergraduate work and 3.25 (“B+”) in history. A one-page statement of purpose, a writing sample, and two letters of recommendation must accompany applications.
International8274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8274 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National8274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8274 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.