The Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Visual Art is offered at Azusa Pacific University.
As the first graduate art degree within the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) that encourages students to integrate the essential elements of their faith, life, and art, the MFA in Visual Art offers students:
- A low-residency program format that enables students to complete their MFA during four summer terms and independent studio practice during the fall and spring semesters.
- Highly collaborative relationships with MFA program mentor-professors, enabling artists to hone their talent through critique and individual instruction.
- Professors with a wealth of experience garnered from national and international exhibitions, through conference presentations, and as artists engaged in the contemporary art scene.
- A learning environment within one of the most cultivated art centers in the world, Southern California, which boasts world-class museums and galleries.
- Independent Studio
- Integration: Theory and Practice
- Critical Issues in Art
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 799 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts
- Current résumé of work experience
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter of intent
- Portfolio submitted through SlideRoom consisting of either:
Fifteen clearly labeled digital images of work accompanied by an inventory list, including the title, year, dimensions, and material.
A clearly labeled two-and-a-half to three-minute video indicative of work, portions of works, and/or details of works (performance art and video art applicants only)
- Demonstrate proficiency in English
- Submit a copy of a valid passport
International21900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 730 USD per credit during 24 months.
National21900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 730 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Pacific
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.