The Computer Networks concentration provides the opportunity to focus on topics in Computer Networking.
Our Computer Science - Computer Networks program at California State University East Bay features small classes that allow for close contact between students and faculty. Many graduate classes are offered in the late afternoon or early evening, making it possible for working students to attend.
Students interested in the M.S. degree program in Computer Science should contact the Computer Science Graduate Coordinator.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an M.S. in Computer Science will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and computational theory to analyze problems in computer science, and assess and determine the resources and requirements needed for their solution.
- Design, develop, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- Classify and explain the mechanisms, components and architecture of computing systems.
- Employ current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice, and justify the need for continuing professional development.
- Discuss professional, ethical, legal, and security issues and responsibilities, and the impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society.
- Function successfully on teams to accomplish a common goal, and explain computer science concepts effectively in written and oral form.
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Programming Language Concepts
- Computer Architecture
- Automata and Computation
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Operating Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- 30 - 33 credits
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 520 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- English language proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
- CV / Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
International15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
National15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8429 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8429 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.