The Chemistry program at California State University East Bay requires a set of core courses encompassing the different disciplines of chemistry. Students may complete the remaining unit requirements with coursework in chemistry or may choose a biochemistry concentration, with the additional coursework in that area. The degree program mainly serves students in four categories: those seeking opportunities in the chemical industry requiring training beyond the baccalaureate level, employed chemists who wish to enhance their career potential, future teachers of high school or community college chemistry, and individuals contemplating more advanced graduate study.
Because of the rapid progress in the fields of chemistry and biochemistry, the department strives to offer a range of courses that cover not only established principles but also recent advances.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with a Master of Science in Chemistry will be able to:
- demonstrate mastery of specialized knowledge in the chemical sciences beyond the undergraduate level
- work effectively and safely in a laboratory environment using chemistry laboratory techniques and chemical/biochemical instrumentation.
- use theoretical and experimental chemistry methods to test hypotheses or analyze and design solutions to problems
- research, understand, organize, and critically assess information from the chemical literature
- present complex chemical information via oral and written reports
- Instrumental Analysis
- Chemical Literature
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 746 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- English language proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
- CV / Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
International15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
National15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8429 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8429 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.