The Chemistry program at California State University East Bay requires a set of core courses encompassing the different disciplines of chemistry. Students may complete the remaining unit requirements with coursework in chemistry or may choose a biochemistry concentration, with the additional coursework in that area.
The degree program mainly serves students in four categories: those seeking opportunities in the chemical industry requiring training beyond the baccalaureate level, employed chemists who wish to enhance their career potential, future teachers of high school or community college chemistry, and individuals contemplating more advanced graduate study.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with a Master of Science in Chemistry will be able to:
- demonstrate mastery of specialized knowledge in the chemical sciences beyond the undergraduate level
- work effectively and safely in a laboratory environment using chemistry laboratory techniques and chemical/biochemical instrumentation.
- use theoretical and experimental chemistry methods to test hypotheses or analyze and design solutions to problems
- research, understand, organize, and critically assess information from the chemical literature
- present complex chemical information via oral and written reports
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Elements of Chemical Thermodynamics
- The Chemical Bond
- Methods of Graduate Research
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- General Biochemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 477 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- Have the equivalent of a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Pay the 70.00 USD non-refundable application fee.
- Official academic records of all colleges or universities attended (High School Transcripts are not required)
- English language exam score (TOEFL or IELTS)
International15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15546 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15546 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State8274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8274 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.