The Biostatistics program at California State University East Bay includes curriculum designed to prepare students to work in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. All students are expected to master a wide variety of applied statistical and probabilistic techniques and the theoretical foundations on which these techniques rest. They are expected to be familiar with recent developments and to be able to use the statistical literature to learn new techniques and theories throughout their professional careers. In addition to the general requirements stated elsewhere in this catalog, a student must satisfy the departmental requirements stated in the following paragraphs.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an M.S. in Biostatistics from Cal State East Bay will be able to:
- Apply biostatistical methodology to data to (a) produce descriptive statistics, probability models, and visual displays (b) select probability distributions to implement statistical inference (estimation and hypothesis testing), and (c) critique biostatistical models for uncertainty, likelihood, modeling and error analysis at the Master’s level.
- Evaluate practical problems arising in biostatistics to select and formulate models for solutions using these methodologies.
- Select and generate biostatistical software output and evaluate the results appropriately.
- Derive basic theory, explain biostatistical concepts, and clearly communicate analytical results to others.
- Probability Theory
- Statistical Theory
- Analysis of Variance Models
- Linear and Logistic Regression
- Advanced Statistical Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBioinformatics & Biostatistics View 439 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- English language proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
- CV / Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
International15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
National15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8429 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8429 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.