The Adult-Gerontolgy Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) Post-Master’s Certificate of Azusa Pacific University provides theory and clinical experiences to prepare the nurse for certification by the state of California and for national certification as an adult clinical nurse specialist.
- Graduates may apply for national certification through examination by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and may be eligible for California advanced practice certification.
- The program is designed for the working professional, offering evening lectures and customized clinical experiences.
- Students may enroll part-time and take advantage of summer courses.
- Clinical experiences include health care services for diverse cultural/ethnic groups, the poor, the underserved, and the homeless.
- Students may receive traineeships (partial tuition reimbursement) when available through a federal grant.
- Students receive personalized attention in a supportive Christian environment from faculty who are experienced as clinical nurse specialists or nurse practitioners in a variety of settings.
- Financial aid is available through scholarships and loans.
- Health Assessment and Health Promotion
- Nursing Practice Role
- Health Promotion Across the Lifespan
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 775 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts
- Written statement
- Copy of RN license status
- Current résumé
- Two recommendations
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Completion of courses in health assessment, pathophysiology, nursing research, statistics, nursing leadership, and community health nursing equivalent to those offered in the APU undergraduate nursing program
- Completion of an undergraduate health assessment course (see Additional Requirements below)
For international students:
- Demonstrate proficiency in English
- Provide an affidavit of financial support (PDF) and a bank statement
- Submit a copy of a valid passport
International13413 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 789 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13413 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 789 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Pacific
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.