The History program of California State University Los Angeles requires intensive study involving courses, seminars, and directed reading in preparation for comprehensive examinations and an optional thesis.
What is the Masters Program Like?
- small classes, offered in evenings for working students
- close working relationships with professors
- the chance to pursue subjects of interest in depth
Where do MA graduates go after their degree?
- Doctoral programs: at prestigious doctoral programs in history, American studies, and ethnic studies at institutions like UCLA, USC, Yale, Iowa, Indiana, George Washington, and Minnesota.
- Community College Positions: recent graduates have gotten tenure-track jobs at East Los Angeles College, Rio Hondo College, Glendale College, Santa Ana College, and LA Trade Tech College.
- Public History/Library/Archival Positions: at institutions like Los Angeles Public Library, CSU Dominguez Hills Special Collections, the Drum Barracks Museum,
- Enhanced Career Opportunities for both current and prospective middle school and secondary school teachers
- A wide variety of other careers in areas like journalism, media, and business research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Study in History
- Seminar in Historical Research and Writing
- History of Colonial Latin America
- History of Modern Latin America
- Seminar: History of Mexico
- Sexuality in the Americas
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 666 other Masters in History in United States
- All applicants must submit two letters of recommendation
- All applicants must also submit a statement of purpose essay, 500-750 words in length
- In addition to university requirements for admission to graduate study, to be considered for departmental admission, applicants must have a grade point average in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units of 3.00 or better
International10592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10592 USD per year during 12 months.
National10592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10592 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8216 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.