The English program of California State University Los Angeles is designed for students planning to teach in a community college or to enter a doctoral program; for students seeking to develop their skills as creative writers, to teach creative writing, or to pursue careers in the media or other areas where a combination of creative ability, communication skills, and critical faculties may be particularly valuable; or for students planning to teach writing at the school, community college, or university level, to work as professional writing consultants.
The department also participates in an Interdisciplinary Studies Minor in Multimedia that enables students to develop interactive, multimedia products.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theoretical Foundations of Literary Studies
- Research Methods in Literary Studies
- Proseminar in Literature
- Graduate Directed Study
- Seminar: Theories of Composition and Rhetoric
- Seminar: Topics in Composition, Rhetoric, and Language
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages View 718 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Applicants who have a degree in English should have at least a 3.2 grade point average in their upper-division undergraduate major coursework.
- A departmental application form
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- A writing sample
- Applicants to the graduate program are admitted based on a comprehensive review of their application materials by the Department of English
- Students whose major was not English should consult the principal graduate adviser about prerequisites or their equivalents. They must complete a 24-unit program of upper division prerequisites (which may include courses previously taken) prior to beginning their graduate work
International396 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 396 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National396 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 396 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.