The Social Work - Health Care And Social Work Certificate program is designed to educate a new generation of clinical social workers to work in the new and expanding health care delivery system being implemented under the Affordable Care Act.
You'll benefit from a personalized, coordinated, and integrated learning experience. Faculty advisors supervise each student's course load and work with students to help them select field education placements that meet their goals. Our students establish themselves as strong agents of change who are grounded in direct clinical practice and committed to working with under-served populations.
Students graduating with the Certificate in Health Care and Social Work from Simmons University are prepared to work in health services settings including: community health centers, primary care practices, teaching and community hospitals, integrated behavioral health clinics and other health care organizations.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Social Work
- Social Policy
- Human Behaviour
- Human Behavior and Social Environment
- Dynamics of Racism & Oppression
- 16 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Health Administration Health Sciences View 1097 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
- Application form
- 3-5 page statement describing the development of your interest in social work
- 2-3 page Advanced Standing essay addressing B.S.W. learning and future learning goals
- 3 recommendations including one recommendation from the supervisor of your senior BSW field placement and one recommendation from the BSW Program Field Director commenting on your overall performance (courses and placement.)
- A copy of your most recent BSW field evaluation.
- All college transcripts
- A zoom interview with a Simmons MSW field faculty member is required. After reviewing the advanced standing applications and materials, the admission committee selects advanced standing applicants for interviews. Advanced standing applicants selected for interviews will receive their advanced standing admission decisions after the interview takes place.
International54843 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1125 USD per credit during 16 months.
National54843 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1125 USD per credit during 16 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.