The Criminology and Criminal Justice program from University of Missouri–St. Louis is designed to provide students with a command of criminological knowledge and analytical skills. The proficiency of students and their ability to work independently are assessed through course grades.
Expected Learning Outcomes
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the theories, methods and substance of issues in criminology and criminal justice and demonstrate an ability to synthesize knowledge in these areas.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of interdisciplinary underpinnings (e.g., from sociology, psychology, political science, economics) of criminology and criminal justice issues and policies.
- Develop critical thinking and communication skills through the application of criminological theory and social science research methods.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the structure and functioning of the fundamental institutions (e.g., legislatures, police, punishment, supervisory) that are part of criminal justice systems.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the role of research and its application for informing policies about criminal justice issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Crime and Criminal Justice Today
- Criminal Law
- Violence in America
- Criminal Justice Policy
- Alcohol, Drugs and Society
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCriminal Law Legal Studies Criminology View 172 other Masters in Criminology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Application form - Refer to the international student application and $40 application fee.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Official transcripts - Students in their final year of a bachelor's program should submit transcripts for all semesters completed thus far. Students who have already completed a degree must submit final transcripts and degree certificates.
- Most graduate programs also require additional materials, including letters of recommendation, writing samples, and/or GRE and GMAT scores. Please review the degree profile for your program to view a complete list of requirements. Note that letters of recommendation must be sent directly from the author - do not send photocopies or scans of recommendations.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22298 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22298 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- Local: $511.80 per credit hour
- National: $1,256.40 per credit hour
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.