As a rehabilitation counselor, you’ll assist clients and consumers to make decisions, reach their potential and optimize personal, social and economic independence.
Our Rehabilitation Counseling program at University of Wisconsin Stout is ranked as 4th best Rehabilitation Counseling Program in the U.S. by US News & World Report, and is fully accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). Our program has excellent employment rates with 20% growth projected.
As a graduate of this program, you will be eligible and prepared to take the national Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) examination. Graduates will also be eligible to apply for the Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) credential in Wisconsin and may be eligible for similar credentials in other states.
Rehabilitation counselors work with a wide variety of individuals who experience physical, cognitive, developmental, psychological or emotional disabilities or other types of chronic illnesses. The goal of the rehabilitation counseling process is to facilitate independence and self-determination leading to positive vocational and psychosocial adjustment of persons with chronic illnesses and disabilities. Rehabilitation counselors provide individual and group counseling, vocational assessment, case management, service coordination and consultation services.
- Research in Rehabilitation and Counseling
- Program Evaluation
- Research in Psychotherapy
- Research Foundations
- Foundations of Rehabilitation
- Aspects of Disability: Physical Disabilities
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling Psychology View 715 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- We recommend using our online application as the easiest and fastest way to apply
- The $106 International application fee includes the $56 application fee and the $50 International processing fee.
- Submit a completed Declaration of Finances form along with a formal written statement or official bank statement certifying that either the sponsor, prospective student’s parents, or prospective student has sufficient funds on deposit (in US dollars) to ensure full payment of expenses for the student’s first year of graduate study.
- Academic records from all higher education institutions attended.
International31548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15774 USD per semester during 24 months.
National31548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15774 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State14596 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7298 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Menominee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.