As a practice-oriented profession, social work deals with social concerns that range from societal oppression to people's emotional/behavioral problems.
This program in Social Work, at California State University, Fresno, is designed to prepare students for advanced social work practice as social work practitioners who are capable of intervening at individual, family, group, organization, and community levels. Students achieve competence in problem identification, assessment, development of intervention plans, and evaluation of practice. Students build cross-cultural awareness and learn to use empowerment and social justice perspectives when making interventions with client systems of various sizes.
Students complete a total of 60 units of graduate work that includes two years of supervised internship with participating agencies in the community, and completion of a master's project or thesis. The project or thesis can focus on examination of social problems or development of intervention strategies for the purpose of building upon the profession's knowledge base.
- The program prepares students for practice and advancement in the social work profession.
- Students develop the knowledge and skills necessary to provide direct services, consultation, training, program development, practice evaluation, and social service research on behalf of clients and community and contribute to the advancement of the profession.
- Introduction to Social Work
- Topics in Social Work
- Social Welfare Policies and Programs
- Social Welfare Policy Advocacy
- Social Services for the Aging
- Child Welfare
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 363 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.