Students are engaged in educational and clinical research programs and practical experiences which incorporate leading-edge technology and best practices. The curriculum and associated instruction provide a solid foundation for future learning and professional growth.
The program in Kinesiology, available at California State University, Fresno, incorporates many opportunities for professional certification through prestigious national organizations and governing bodies. Students become experts in exercise, fitness, performance, and wellness.
The term kinesiology means "the study of movement," and the academic discipline of kinesiology comprises the subdisciplines of exercise physiology, biomechanics, sport and exercise psychology, athletic training and sports medicine, sports administration, physical education, and fitness and health promotion. The overall objective of the programs in kinesiology is to improve the lives of students by providing insight, education, and practical experience in exercise, sport, and physical activity. Programs in kinesiology open doors to relevant and rewarding professional careers.
The Athletic Training Major is designed for students with professional goals in athletic training. The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). Students completing the program may be eligible to sit for the Board of Certification exam to become a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC).
The Exercise Science Option provides a foundation in the movement sciences which fully prepares students for graduate study and professional careers in fitness, wellness, health promotion, human performance, and preventive and rehabilitative sciences.
The Physical Education Teacher Education (PETE) Option offers National and State standards-based curricular emphasis in physical education pedagogy, movement development and analysis, teaching strategies, and application of physical activities designed for students with professional goals to teach physical education.
- The facilities include a gymnasium; 12 tennis courts; a mat/gymnastics facility; a weight/cardio room; two multipurpose/dance rooms; an all-weather track; multi-purpose fields for softball, soccer, football, ultimate Frisbee, and golf; a putting green and associated sand bunkers; a swimming complex; and outdoor basketball courts.
- Modern, well-equipped instructional and research labs in exercise physiology, biomechanics, sports and exercise psychology, and athletic training are central components of the department.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Final Student Teaching Seminar - Kinesiology
- Swimming for Beginners
- Water Aerobics
- Hip Hop Dance
- Partners Club Dancing
- Elementary Social Dance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 491 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.